In this course, students will learn to develop advanced ASP.NET MVC applications using .NET Framework 4.5 tools and technologies. The focus will be on coding activities that enhance the performance and scalability of a web application. ASP.NET MVC will be introduced and compared with Web Forms so that students know when each should/could be used. This course will also prepare the students for the exam 70-486.
Certification and Related Examinations
- Exam 70-486: Developing ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications
- Credit toward certification: MCP, MCSA, MCSD
This course is intended for professional web developers who use Microsoft Visual Studio in an individual-based or team-based, small-sized to large development environment. Candidates for this course are interested in developing advanced web applications and want to manage the rendered HTML comprehensively. They want to create websites that separate the user interface, data access, and application logic.
At Course Completion
You'll be able to:
- Describe the Microsoft Web Technologies stack and select an appropriate technology to use to develop any given application
- Design the architecture and implementation of a web application that will meet a set of functional requirements, user interface requirements, and address business models
- Create MVC Models and write code that implements business logic within Model methods, properties, and events
- Add Controllers to an MVC Application to manage user interaction, update models, and select and return Views
- Create Views in an MVC application that display and edit data and interact with Models and Controllers
- Run unit tests and debugging tools against a web application in Visual Studio and configure an application for troubleshooting
- Develop a web application that uses the ASP.NET routing engine to present friendly URLs and a logical navigation hierarchy to users
- Implement a consistent look and feel, including corporate branding, across an entire MVC web application
- Use partial page updates and caching to reduce the network bandwidth used by an application and accelerate responses to user requests
- Implement a complete membership system in an MVC 4 web application
- Build an MVC application that resists malicious attacks and persists information about users and preferences
- Describe how to write a Windows Azure web service and call it from and MVC application
- Describe what a Web API is and why developers might add a Web API to an application
- Modify the way browser requests are handled by an MVC application
- Describe how to package and deploy an ASP.NET MVC 4 web application from a development computer to a web server for staging or production
Ideally, attendees for this course will have some experience developing web-based applications by using Microsoft Visual Studio and Microsoft ASP.NET, proficiency in using the .NET Framework, and some familiarity with the C# language.
Contact us to discuss the prerequisites.
Materials include courseware, hands-on learning environment and related subject matter.
'Attend from Anywhere' Virtual Classroom Courses
For virtual classroom courses you'll need a headset. We provide a simple connectivity test to ensure you'll be able to participate.
For 'Attend from Anywhere' virtual classroom courses you'll additionally need either a PC or a Mac with internet access.
Module 1: Exploring ASP.NET MVC4
Module 2: Designing ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications
Module 3: Developing ASP.NET MVC 4 Models
Module 4: Developing ASP.NET MVC 4 Controllers
Module 5: Developing ASP.NET MVC 4 Views
Module 6: Testing and Debugging ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications
Module 7: Structuring ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications
Module 8: Applying Styles to ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications
Module 9: Building Responsive Pages in ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications
Module 11: Controlling Access to ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications
Module 12: Building a Resilient ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Application
Module 13: Using Windows Azure Web Services in ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications
Module 14: Implementing Web APIs in ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications
Module 15: Handling Requests in ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications
Module 16: Deploying ASP.NET MVC 4 Web Applications